Biscuit Mushroom Bake Recipe
Mushroom lovers will appreciate this homestyle recipe from Dawn Esterly of Meadville, Pennsylvania. Golden biscuits rest atop loads of sliced mushrooms and a flavorful gravy. "It's always been a hit in my family," says Dawn.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:5 servings
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated biscuits
- 1. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and paprika.
- 2. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Arrange biscuits over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 267 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 948 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC