Biscuit Mushroom Bake Recipe
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated biscuits
- 1. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and paprika.
- 2. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Arrange biscuits over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 267 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 948 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Biscuit Mushroom Bake
"I make this every holiday for the vegetarian in our family by subbing vegetable stock for the chicken stock. The only change I make is to cut my biscuits into quarters and cover the top with small pieces instead of whole biscuits. I never have leftovers!"
"This worked out exactly , so tasty , so good !!"
"This was so good the first time I made it, but the second time I added 1 and 1/2 pounds of ground beef and it made a great one dish meal with a salad!!!"
"Re: Biscuit Mushroom BakeMade this for company and it turned out perfectly. The little bowl of leftovers I used the next day added to a sausage in gravy mixture and served it over more biscuits. It was a two day hit."
"I made this for dinner last night and it was a hit. Thank you for such a quick and tasty recipe.I will definately make it again."
"Thank you for showing the picture. Looks very good, and since we (hubby and I) like mushrooms, I'll be trying this - SOON!!"