Biscuit Mushroom Bake Recipe
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated biscuits
- 1. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and paprika.
- 2. Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Arrange biscuits over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 5 servings.
1 each: 267 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 948mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Biscuit Mushroom Bake
"I make this every holiday for the vegetarian in our family by subbing vegetable stock for the chicken stock. The only change I make is to cut my biscuits into quarters and cover the top with small pieces instead of whole biscuits. I never have leftovers!"
"This worked out exactly , so tasty , so good !!"
"Re: Biscuit Mushroom bakeMade this for company and it turned out perfectly. The little bowl of leftovers I used the next day added to a sausage in gravy mixture and served it over more biscuits. It was a two day hit."
"Thank you for showing the picture. Looks very good, and since we (hubby and I) like mushrooms, I'll be trying this - SOON!!"