Mushroom lovers will appreciate this homestyle recipe from Dawn Esterly of Meadville, Pennsylvania. Golden biscuits rest atop loads of sliced mushrooms and a flavorful gravy. "It's always been a hit in my family," says Dawn.
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated biscuits
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Arrange biscuits over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Biscuit Mushroom Bake in Taste of Home April/May 2007, p39
Reviews for Biscuit Mushroom Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review