Biscuit Egg Bake Recipe
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free garlic seasoning blend
- 1 package (2.1 ounces) ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, diced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Separate biscuits. Cut each biscuit into fourths; arrange in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, tomatoes, onions, chilies, salt, pepper and seasoning blend. Pour over biscuits. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 each: 306 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 235mg cholesterol, 877mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, trace fiber), 15g protein
Reviews for Biscuit Egg Bake
"I love this recipe! I did add bit to it. A 1/2 tsp of cayenne, 1/2 cup tomatoes instead of 1 whole cup. 1 potato chopped, 1 sweet onion,1/4 cup chopped yellow and red bell peppers, 1/4 cup mushrooms and 1 tsp. minced garlic sauteed in bacon drippings. Omitted the green chilies. Since I made my own biscuit mix I crumbled 2 slices of bacon and 2 Tbs. Parmesan Romano cheese into the biscuits. Greased pan with bacon grease. This is higher in calories then I usually cook, but sometimes.... :D"
"I made this recipe for my 15 year old son and 6 of his buddies. I did not include the onion or tomato but they LOVED this. I should have doubled it! Super easy and will definately make this often..."