Biscuit Egg Bake Recipe
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free garlic seasoning blend
- 1 package (2.1 ounces) ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, diced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Separate biscuits. Cut each biscuit into fourths; arrange in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, tomatoes, onions, chilies, salt, pepper and seasoning blend. Pour over biscuits. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 306 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 235 mg cholesterol, 877 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 15 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.