“Determined to come up with a brunch dish that didn’t keep me in the kitchen all morning, I created this casserole made with everyone’s favorite ingredients,” relates Jenny Flake of Gilbert, Arizona. “Preparation is minimal, and then it goes right into the oven, so you can spend more time with the ones you love.” Simply serve with a fruit salad for a hearty weekend breakfast guests will love.
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free garlic seasoning blend
- 1 package (2.1 ounces) ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, diced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Separate biscuits. Cut each biscuit into fourths; arrange in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, tomatoes, onions, chilies, salt, pepper and seasoning blend. Pour over biscuits. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Biscuit Egg Bake in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p16
Reviews for Biscuit Egg Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review