- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 celery ribs with leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- Prepare corn bread according to package directions; cool on a wire rack. Crumble into a large bowl. Prepare biscuits according to package directions; cool on a wire rack. Crumble biscuits over corn bread; stir gently to combine.
- In a large skillet, saute onions and celery in butter. Stir in the salt, pepper, curry powder, basil and thyme. Add to corn bread mixture. Stir in broth and water (mixture should be the consistency of corn bread batter). Let stand for 1 hour.
- Stir in egg substitute. Pour into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Biscuit Corn Bread Dressing in Country Woman November/December 2005, p26
Reviews for Biscuit Corn Bread Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review