Biscuit Blueberry Cobbler Recipe
“All nine varieties of blueberries we grow taste yummy in this easy cobbler,” says Diane Cain, a fruit farmer from Hixton, Wisconsin. “Cut a juicy piece and celebrate summer!”
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:9 servings
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. Sprinkle blueberries into a well-greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a small bowl, combine sugar and butter until crumbly. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to sugar mixture alternately with milk. Spread over blueberries.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 129 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 167 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC