Biscuit Baking Mix
You need just four common pantry staples to put together this versatile mix. I use it in recipes that call for store-bought baking mix. It's the key to lightly browned biscuits as well as to chunky dumpling soup. —Tami Christman, Soda Springs, Idaho
48 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 9 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups shortening
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt; cut in
- shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Store in an
- airtight container in a cool dry place or in the freezer for up to 8
- Biscuit Baking Mix may be used to prepare the following recipes:
- Cinnamon-Sugar Scones, Flaky Italian Biscuits and Chicken Dumpling
- Soup. Yield: 12 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup mix equals 159 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.