Birdhouse Bread Recipe
Dried rosemary and thyme give a tasty herb flavor and a rustic outdoor appearance to this buttery snack bread that bakes in mere minutes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Stir in bouillon and garlic powder. Remove from the heat; let stand until bouillon is dissolved.
- 2. Meanwhile, unroll breadsticks and separate into 12 sticks. Place eight sticks lengthwise side by side on a greased baking sheet. Place another breadstick along the bottom of the house, stretching dough as needed. To create the entrance, move two center sticks so they extend 2 in. above the other sticks.
- 3. To form the roof, place two of the remaining sticks on top of the house so they extend about 1 in. beyond the sides. Cut remaining breadsticks as needed to fill spaces beneath the roof. Gently pinch edges of breadsticks together to seal seams. Brush with the butter mixture; sprinkle with rosemary and thyme.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before carefully transferring to a serving platter. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 184 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 557 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC