- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Stir in bouillon and garlic powder. Remove from the heat; let stand until bouillon is dissolved.
- Meanwhile, unroll breadsticks and separate into 12 sticks. Place eight sticks lengthwise side by side on a greased baking sheet. Place another breadstick along the bottom of the house, stretching dough as needed. To create the entrance, move two center sticks so they extend 2 in. above the other sticks.
- To form the roof, place two of the remaining sticks on top of the house so they extend about 1 in. beyond the sides. Cut remaining breadsticks as needed to fill spaces beneath the roof. Gently pinch edges of breadsticks together to seal seams. Brush with the butter mixture; sprinkle with rosemary and thyme.
- Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before carefully transferring to a serving platter. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Birdhouse Bread in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p37
Reviews for Birdhouse Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Bread Recipes >