Bird's Nest Treats
I make these in the spring when the bird are starting to build their nest. They are so easy to make and disappear just as fast.—Pam Painter, Poseyville, Indiana
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 cups chow mein noodles
- 1 cup jelly beans or candy eggs
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and marshmallows
- until smooth, stirring occasionally. Add the peanut butter and
- chocolate chips; heat and stir for 2 minutes or until smooth. Remove
- from the heat; stir in chow mein noodles until well coated.
- Divide into 12 mounds on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Using
- fingers, shape each into a nest; press an indentation in the center
- of nest. Fill each nest with three or four jelly beans or candy
- eggs. Cool. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 296 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.