Bird's Nest Treats Recipe
I make these in the spring when the bird are starting to build their nest. They are so easy to make and disappear just as fast.—Pam Painter, Poseyville, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 cups chow mein noodles
- 1 cup jelly beans or candy eggs
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and marshmallows until smooth, stirring occasionally. Add the peanut butter and chocolate chips; heat and stir for 2 minutes or until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in chow mein noodles until well coated.
- 2. Divide into 12 mounds on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Using fingers, shape each into a nest; press an indentation in the center of nest. Fill each nest with three or four jelly beans or candy eggs. Cool. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 296 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC