I make these in the spring when the bird are starting to build their nest. They are so easy to make and disappear just as fast.—Pam Painter, Poseyville, Indiana
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 cups chow mein noodles
- 1 cup jelly beans or candy eggs
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and marshmallows until smooth, stirring occasionally. Add the peanut butter and chocolate chips; heat and stir for 2 minutes or until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in chow mein noodles until well coated.
- Divide into 12 mounds on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Using fingers, shape each into a nest; press an indentation in the center of nest. Fill each nest with three or four jelly beans or candy eggs. Cool. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Bird's Nest Treats in Birds & Blooms February/March 1997, p55
Reviews for Bird's Nest Treats
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review