- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 cups chow mein noodles
- 1 cup jelly beans or candy eggs
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and marshmallows until smooth, stirring occasionally. Add the peanut butter and chocolate chips; heat and stir for 2 minutes or until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in chow mein noodles until well coated.
- Divide into 12 mounds on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Using fingers, shape each into a nest; press an indentation in the center of nest. Fill each nest with three or four jelly beans or candy eggs. Cool. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Bird's Nest Treats
Sort By :
"I made these with my girls and they loved them so much we are making them for their classmates. Since I'm sending them to school, I only used chocolate chips...but they were still yummy! I bought some Easter candy bags from Box and Wrap so we can individually wrap each nest. These bags have bunnies on them..they are much cuter than just plain cello bags. Thanks so much for the recipe!"
"I have two grandchildren and both of them absolutely love these birds nests. They are the ones who help me make them every year and their mom thinks the end result is just plain beautiful. This recipe is a keeper and definitely going in my recipe box."
"I used butterscotch chips instead of chocolate. A bit hot to handle when seperating mounds. But they are real cute, I didn't make them as compact as the picture, looks good I think :)"