Bird's Nest Snacks
My grandson, Kenny, and I had a great time fixing these sweet snacks for Easter. They look like nests with tiny eggs inside.Donna Gonda, North Canton, Ohio
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 can (5 ounces) chow mein noodles
- 36 pastel jelly beans or peanut M&M's
- 12 pastel paper cupcake liners
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, cook marshmallows, butter and
- peanut butter until marshmallows are melted; stir until blended.
- Remove from the heat; stir in chow mein noodles. Divide into 12
- mounds on a waxed paper-lined pan.
- With lightly buttered hands, quickly shape each mound into a nest;
- make an indentation in the center. Fill nests with jelly beans. Trim
- 1/2 in. from each cupcake liner; place nests in liners. Store in an
- airtight container. Yield: 1 dozen.