Bird's Nest Egg Salad Recipe
Create these cute chow mein noodle nests with just three ingredients, then fill them with mounds of a nicely seasoned egg salad for tasty results.
- 1 egg
- 3 cups chow mein noodles
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- EGG SALAD:
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, beat egg. Add chow mein noodles and garlic salt; stir to coat. Drop by 1/3 cupfuls onto a greased baking sheet. Using fingers, shape each into a nest; make an indentation in the center of each. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the first eight egg salad ingredients; mix well. Just before serving, spoon 1/4 cupful into each nest. Serve on a lettuce-lined plate if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 304 calories, 23g fat (4g saturated fat), 252mg cholesterol, 383mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Bird's Nest Egg Salad
Reviewed Apr. 27, 2014
"Have made this several times. We love it."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC