Bird's Nest Egg Salad Recipe
Create these cute chow mein noodle nests with just three ingredients, then fill them with mounds of a nicely seasoned egg salad for tasty results.
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 3 cups chow mein noodles
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- EGG SALAD:
- 6 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, beat egg. Add chow mein noodles and garlic salt; stir to coat. Drop by 1/3 cupfuls onto a greased baking sheet. Using fingers, shape each into a nest; make an indentation in the center of each. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine the first eight egg salad ingredients; mix well. Just before serving, spoon 1/4 cupful into each nest. Serve on a lettuce-lined plate if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Bird's Nest Egg Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p37
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bird's Nest Egg Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review