“This is a lightened up version of an original recipe that called for regular bacon and eggs,” writes Aris Gonzalez from Deltona, Florida. “Everyone loves it and thinks I really fussed, but it's so easy! It makes such a pretty presentation that I often serve this to overnight guests.”
- 12 turkey bacon strips
- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 6 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side or until partially set but not crisp. Coat six muffin cups with cooking spray; wrap two bacon strips around the inside of each cup. Fill each with 1/4 cup egg substitute; top with cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Bird's Nest Breakfast Cups in Light & Tasty February/March 2008, p56
Reviews for Bird's Nest Breakfast Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review