Bird Nests Recipe
This is a fun, kid-friendly recipe I pulled together a few years ago. My kids love helping me make these. —Jessica Boivin, Nekoosa, Wisconsin
- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) white baking chips
- 1 package (10 ounces) pretzel sticks
- 25 yellow chicks Peeps candy
- 1 package (12 ounces) M&M's eggs or other egg-shaped candy
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt white chips; stir until smooth. Set aside 1/2 cup for decorating.
- 2. Add pretzel sticks to remaining chips; stir until coated. Scoop a small amount of mixture onto waxed paper; shape into a nest using two forks. Repeat, forming 25 nests. Dip bottom of Peep into reserved white chips; place in a nest. Add eggs to nest, securing with white chips. Repeat. Let stand until set. Yield: 25 servings.
1 bird nest equals 267 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC