Bingo Bread Recipe
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1. In a bowl, combine 1 cup all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, milk powder, sugar and yeast. In a saucepan, heat water, oil and butter to 120°-130° add to dry ingredients. Beat on medium for 3 minutes. Stir in eggs, onions, parsley, oregano, salt and enough remaining all-purpose flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Punch dough down; divide in half. Shape into loaves; place in greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Nutritional Analysis: One slice (prepared with margarine) equals 105 calories, 128 mg sodium, 13 mg cholesterol, 18 gm carbohydrate, 3 gm protein, 2 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.