Bing Cherry Sherbet Recipe
- 4 cups fresh or frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, quartered
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 liters black cherry soda, chilled
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring cherries and sugar to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly. Transfer to a large bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. Stir in soda and milk. Fill ice cream freezer cylinder two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: about 3 quarts.
3/4 cup: 201 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Bing Cherry Sherbet
"This recipe was so easy to make with just 4 ingredients."
"this was awful"