Bing Cherry Ice Cream Sauce
Pour this over your favorite ice cream for a sweet-tart treat!
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (16 ounces) pitted dark sweet cherries
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Ice cream or frozen vanilla custard
- Drain cherries, reserving juice. Place juice and cornstarch in a
- saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir in
- extract and cherries. Serve warm over ice cream or Old-Fashioned
- Frozen Vanilla Custard (recipe also found in Recipe Finder). Yield:
- 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 62 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.