- fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in orange peel. Combine the baking powder, cinnamon, ginger,
- salt and remaining flour; add to the creamed mixture alternately
- with orange juice, beating well after each addition. Fold in cherry
- Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at
- 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan
- to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For icing, in a small bowl, beat the confectioners' sugar, butter,
- vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over
- bread. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 475 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.