- 8 cups cubed day-old bread
- 9 eggs
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 1-3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, cream, sugar, butter, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour evenly over bread.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the sugar, water and lemon juice to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook until sugar is dissolved and mixture turns a golden amber color. Stir in butter until melted. Gradually stir in cream. Serve with bread pudding. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Biltmore's Bread Pudding
Sort By :
"Use any bread you desire - you cannot go wrong!! A keeper for sure!"
"I used cinnamon swirl bread"
"I've made this recipe for years. My family and I just love it. I've tried other bread pudding recipes before, but my husband told me not to change a thing after he ate this one. Yuuuumy!!!"
"This is yummy! My husband and all of my kids loved it. The only thing I changed was I used homemade raisin bread."
"I'm confused about this recipe. The picture on this page for the Biltmore Pudding is the same picture for the Apple Cranberry Pudding. Makes me wonder."