Biltmore's Bread Pudding Recipe
- 8 cups cubed day-old bread
- 9 eggs
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 1-3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, cream, sugar, butter, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour evenly over bread.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the sugar, water and lemon juice to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook until sugar is dissolved and mixture turns a golden amber color. Stir in butter until melted. Gradually stir in cream. Serve with bread pudding. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 581 calories, 39g fat (23g saturated fat), 273mg cholesterol, 345mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Biltmore's Bread Pudding
"Made this with challah. I only had 2 cups of milk, so just used 2 cups milk and 2 cups cream. Still was fantastic. Unfortunately, didn't have enough cream to make the caramel sauce. Hubby LOVES bread pudding. Declared this the best he's had in ages!"
"Made it several times. Everyone who tasted it lived every bite. I use Challah and follow the recipe. While it's still warm I pour on the caramel sauceHeavenly. Eating"
"Use any bread you desire - you cannot go wrong!! A keeper for sure!"
"I used cinnamon swirl bread"
"I've made this recipe for years. My family and I just love it. I've tried other bread pudding recipes before, but my husband told me not to change a thing after he ate this one. Yuuuumy!!!"
"This is yummy! My husband and all of my kids loved it. The only thing I changed was I used homemade raisin bread."
"I'm confused about this recipe. The picture on this page for the Biltmore Pudding is the same picture for the Apple Cranberry Pudding. Makes me wonder."
"For my parents anniversary last year I made a huge meal and my mom just loves bread pudding but hasn't been able to find a good one in years, when she tried this she raved that it was the best she had ever had and she's a pretty difficult person to please in the food department. There was a lot of leftovers but luckily this keeps really well when refrigerated and still tasted amazing warmed up or even cold :)"
"The best recipe for bread Pudding I have ever made. Threw out all my other recipes."
"Most excellent I've made or had. I've added nuts dates and even dried cranberrries! It's always a hit and I never have any left over! YUM!!!"
"This bread pudding is great ,I would not change it for the world."
"Scrumptious. Love the sauce. My mother is a huge fan of bread pudding. I don't dare tell her how good this one is until I show up with it on her doorstep! Thanks TOH"
"This is my husband's favorite recipe. It is yummy made with eggnog and berries!!!"
"Blue Ribbon all the way...so gooooood!!"
"I have made this for several groups, young and old. Compliments from everyone."
"This the best bread pudding rich but yummy.Greenbay grandma"
"This is the best bread pudding recipe I have ever tasted and made. Try it,you will love it!"
"wildcatervin, get MasterCook 9 (around $20 at Best Buy) and load it onto your computer. Copy the recipe as printed above into MasterCook, then hit the "scale recipe" button."
"Need a way to reduce the size of this recipe.To large for a couble of people,could do it myself but mant sites have a way to reduce the servings.Thanks"