Big Soft Ginger Cookies
These nicely spiced soft cookies are perfect for folks who like the flavor of ginger but don't care for crunchy gingersnaps.
30 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg and molasses. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda,
- cinnamon, cloves and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and
- mix well.
- Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls, then roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on
- ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until
- puffy and lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield:
- 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 111 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 98 mg sodium,