Big Mitten Buns
For a cute roll to impress all the of your guests, try this recipe. It will go wonderfully with a tasty soup.Rhodes Bake-N-Serv, Jenna Jackson, Salt Lake City, Utah
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 4 frozen Texas Rolls (2 ounces each), thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- For each mitten, press one and a half rolls together and flatten into
- a 3-in. x 2-in. oval. Place on a greased baking sheet. Roll
- remaining dough into two 3-in. ropes. Flatten ropes slightly and
- place at bottom of ovals, forming a wristband. With a sharp knife or
- kitchen shears, cut into the side of the oval at a downward angle
- toward the center. Tuck the tip under to form a round thumb; spread
- thumb and mitten apart to allow for rising. Cover with plastic wrap
- that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Let rise in a warm place
- until doubled, about 30 minutes. Brush with egg. Bake at 350°
- for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 buns.
Editor's Note: Mittens may be sliced horizontally and filled as a sandwich.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 each) equals 169 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 196 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.