Big Easy Jambalaya Recipe
This recipe is requested often by friends and family for gatherings. I don't mind since it's so easy to make. --Elizabeth Renteria, Vancouver, Washington
- 4-1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 14 ounces Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Split Rope Sausage, sliced
- 2 Johnsonville® Andouille Split Rope Sausage links, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 poblano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups uncooked converted rice
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients except rice. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- 2. Stir in rice. Cook on high 30 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 565 calories, 23 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 1,673 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC