Big Easy Jambalaya Recipe
- 4-1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 14 ounces smoked kielbasa, sliced
- 2 fully cooked andouille sausage links, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 poblano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups uncooked converted rice
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients except rice. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- 2. Stir in rice. Cook on high 30 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 565 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 1673mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for Big Easy Jambalaya
"Great slow cooker recipe! It makes a lot too."
"This was a really wonderful recipe, so simple so it would be great for anyone that is just learning to cook. It was very flavorful too but not overdone! I didn't have any chicken thighs so I just used cut up chicken breasts. This also makes a lot a whole crockpot full so it is wonderful for potlucks or big crowds."
"I made this recipe twice and both times had to add seasonings to it after it had cooled. Something didn't taste quite right and I think it was the andouille sausage that gave it an odd taste. I made it again today with some changes and it is SPECTACULAR.Used 2 cans of black-eyed peasDoubled the tomatoes as well, but used one can of stewed tomatoes and one can fire roasted.Used a smoked sausage ring instead of the kielbasaused chorizo sausage instead of andouille2 tbsp of worchestershiredoubled the parsley and thymeI liked the recipe without my modifications but thought I would like it better if I could make some changes, and it suited my taste buds much better this time. I will definitely be making this on a regular basis. Thank you for sharing this!"
"Amazing!! I made this the other night for my book club and my friends are still talking about this recipe. Definitely will make this again. Give this recipe a try!"
"This is an easy meal for those who are on the go. Perfect dinner for those rainy nights."
"This was so easy to put together and full of flavor! My whole family loved it even my picky teenage son! This recipe is definitely a keeper!"
"This recipe was amazing!!! Though it is a nice photo it does not do this recipe justice ;-) I used this for a family get together last night and it was a huge hit!! Unfurtunatley I don't have any left overs... guess I'll just have to make more. Oh and I did have to share this recipe with others, so definatley give it a try,we will be making this again soon!! Loved it!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.