- 4-1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 14 ounces Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage, sliced
- 2 Johnsonville® Andouille Sausage links, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 poblano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups uncooked converted rice
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients except rice. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Stir in rice. Cook on high 30 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Big Easy Jambalaya
Sort By :
This was a really wonderful recipe, so simple so it would be great for anyone that is just learning to cook. It was very flavorful too but not overdone! I didn't have any chicken thighs so I just used cut up chicken breasts. This also makes a lot a whole crockpot full so it is wonderful for potlucks or big crowds.
I made this recipe twice and both times had to add seasonings to it after it had cooled. Something didn't taste quite right and I think it was the andouille sausage that gave it an odd taste. I made it again today with some changes and it is SPECTACULAR.
Used 2 cans of black-eyed peas
Doubled the tomatoes as well, but used one can of stewed tomatoes and one can fire roasted.
Used a smoked sausage ring instead of the kielbasa
used chorizo sausage instead of andouille
2 tbsp of worchestershire
doubled the parsley and thyme
I liked the recipe without my modifications but thought I would like it better if I could make some changes, and it suited my taste buds much better this time. I will definitely be making this on a regular basis. Thank you for sharing this!
I am a college student who just bought a slow cooker. This is the first recipe that I have made in my slow cooker, and I never thought that any food I made would ever taste this good. I will be making this recipe many times in the future.
Amazing!! I made this the other night for my book club and my friends are still talking about this recipe. Definitely will make this again. Give this recipe a try!
This is an easy meal for those who are on the go. Perfect dinner for those rainy nights.
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Easy Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Jambalaya >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >