Big Easy Jambalaya Recipe
- 4-1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 14 ounces smoked kielbasa, sliced
- 2 fully cooked andouille sausage links, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 poblano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups uncooked converted rice
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients except rice. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Stir in rice. Cook on high 30 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Big Easy Jambalaya(8)
Sort By :
I made this recipe twice and both times had to add seasonings to it after it had cooled. Something didn't taste quite right and I think it was the andouille sausage that gave it an odd taste. I made it again today with some changes and it is SPECTACULAR.
Used 2 cans of black-eyed peas
Doubled the tomatoes as well, but used one can of stewed tomatoes and one can fire roasted.
Used a smoked sausage ring instead of the kielbasa
used chorizo sausage instead of andouille
2 tbsp of worchestershire
doubled the parsley and thyme
I liked the recipe without my modifications but thought I would like it better if I could make some changes, and it suited my taste buds much better this time. I will definitely be making this on a regular basis. Thank you for sharing this!
I am a college student who just bought a slow cooker. This is the first recipe that I have made in my slow cooker, and I never thought that any food I made would ever taste this good. I will be making this recipe many times in the future.
Amazing!! I made this the other night for my book club and my friends are still talking about this recipe. Definitely will make this again. Give this recipe a try!
This is an easy meal for those who are on the go. Perfect dinner for those rainy nights.
This rather quick and easy recipe is great for on the go familes...great for a rainy night dinner