- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup canned diced jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, optional
- Tortilla chip scoops
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Stir in the lime juice, vinegar and chilies if desired. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Big Dipper Salsa in Country Woman
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Big Dipper Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review