Big Daddy's BBQ Ribs
There’s nothing left on the platter when Big E makes these for the guys at work. A hint of cinnamon lends a little sweetness to this manly favorite. —Eric Brzostek, East Islip, New York
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mesquite seasoning
- 4-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 pounds pork spareribs, cut into serving size pieces
- 3-1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Rub over ribs;
- cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place ribs bone side down on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover
- and bake at 350° for 1 hour; drain. Brush some of the barbecue
- sauce over ribs. Bake, uncovered, for 30-45 minutes or until tender,
- basting occasionally with barbecue sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 1,027 calories, 67 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 255 mg cholesterol, 2,071 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 64 g protein.