Big Chocolate Cookies Recipe
The combination of different kinds of chocolate makes these cookies irresistible. Friends and family are delighted to have a "big" cookie to enjoy. —Marie Macy, Fort Collins, Colorado
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1. In a microwave, melt butter with semisweet and unsweetened chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool. In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy; gradually add sugar. Dissolve coffee granules in water.
- 2. Beat in the coffee, vanilla and cooled chocolate mixture to egg mixture. Combine flour, salt and baking powder; gradually add to the egg mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- 3. Drop by 1/3 cupfuls 4 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-17 minutes or until firm. Cool for 4 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 345 calories, 26 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC