Big Brisket Burgers
Take one all-American patty and load it up Texas-style with brisket on Texas toast.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slices Texas toast, toasted
- Barbecued brisket, sliced and warmed
- In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, egg, salt and pepper. Add
- ground beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four
- 1/2-in.-thick patties. Press a shallow indentation in the center of
- each with your thumb. Brush both sides of patties with oil.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5
- minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve
- between Texas toast, topped with brisket. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.