The egg wash on these golden-brown rolls gives them a pretty look for holiday entertaining. Light and tender, they have just a hint of sweetness.—Anna Mayer, Fort Branch, Indiana
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2-1/2 cups warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 7 to 7-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In another bowl, combine milk and butter; stir in potato flakes. Let stand for 1 minute. Add the milk mixture, sugar, 2 eggs, salt and 3 cups flour to yeast mixture; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; divide into 36 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Beat remaining egg and cold water; brush over rolls. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Big-Batch Yeast Rolls in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p51
Reviews for Big-Batch Yeast Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review