Big-Batch Turkey Salad
We served this delicious salad at a church luncheon along with a variety of homemade muffins and a dessert. The meal was a big hit, and many of the women attending asked for the salad recipe. If you prefer, use diced cooked chicken instead of turkey.
-Pat Swaney, Lima, Ohio
185 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 25 quarts cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 20 cans (20 ounces each) pineapple chunks, drained
- 20 cans (15 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 20 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 5 bunches celery, thinly sliced
- 10 large green peppers, chopped
- 5 to 6 quarts mayonnaise
- 3 large onions, grated
- 1-1/2 cups prepared mustard
- 5 tablespoons salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon-pepper seasoning, optional
- 8 cans (5 ounces each) chow mein noodles
- In several large bowls, combine the first six ingredients. In several
- other large bowls, combine the mayonnaise, onions, mustard, salt and
- lemon-pepper if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate chicken mixture and dressing separately for at
- least 2 hours. Pour salad dressing over the chicken mixture; toss to
- coat. Sprinkle with chow mein noodles. Yield: 185 (1-cup) servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 316 calories, 23 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 420 mg sodium,