- 25 quarts cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 20 cans (20 ounces each) pineapple chunks, drained
- 20 cans (15 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 20 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 5 bunches celery, thinly sliced
- 10 large green peppers, chopped
- 5 to 6 quarts mayonnaise
- 3 large onions, grated
- 1-1/2 cups prepared mustard
- 5 tablespoons salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon-pepper seasoning, optional
- 8 cans (5 ounces each) chow mein noodles
- In several large bowls, combine the first six ingredients. In several other large bowls, combine the mayonnaise, onions, mustard, salt and lemon-pepper if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate chicken mixture and dressing separately for at least 2 hours. Pour salad dressing over the chicken mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with chow mein noodles. Yield: 185 (1-cup) servings.
Originally published as Fruited Turkey Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2003, p39
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Big-Batch Turkey Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review