- to paper towels to drain. Cook beef over medium heat in drippings
- until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove beef and keep warm.
- In the same pot, saute the onions, peppers and mushrooms in oil for 5
- minutes or until onions are tender. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes
- Stir in flour until blended. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste,
- water, vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Crumble
- bacon; return bacon and beef to pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve with
- Yield: 38 servings (1 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup sauce (calculated without spaghetti) equals 268 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 617 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.