- 1 pound (2 cups) butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound (3-3/4 cups) chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) peanut butter chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in the nuts and chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 12 dozen.
Reviews for Big Batch Cookies
"These are awesome! My whole family loves them. I often use pecans because I harvest my own and sometimes use half a bag of chocolate chips for half of a bag of peanut butter chips. I always freeze these because they taste even better and they make a bunch of cookies which keeps the kids and hubby happy for a while."
"I've made smaller batches of this sort of recipe, substituting dried cranberries [for walnuts] and white chocolate chips [for peanut butter chips]"