When my mother-in-law gave me her recipe for cheeseburger soup, I changed it a bit to make it my own. —Christina Addison, Blanchester, OH
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-3/4 pounds potatoes (about 3-4 medium), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Add potatoes, broth, milk, carrots, celery and seasonings. Cook, covered, on low 7-9 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in cheese until melted. Stir in sour cream. If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Originally published as Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p36
Reviews for Big Batch Cheeseburger Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review