Big-Batch Butterscotch Cookies Recipe
My mom and I perfected this recipe years ago. We get rave reviews on these crowd-pleasing cookies.
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well (bowl will be full.)
- 2. Drop by level tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 20 dozen.
2 each: 63 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Big-Batch Butterscotch Cookies
Reviewed May. 21, 2009
"Very good cookie, but it did not yeild 20 dozen."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC