My mom and I perfected this recipe years ago. We get rave reviews on these crowd-pleasing cookies.
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well (bowl will be full.)
- Drop by level tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 20 dozen.
Originally published as Big-Batch Butterscotch Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p104
Reviews for Big-Batch Butterscotch Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 21, 2009
"Very good cookie, but it did not yeild 20 dozen."