My mom and I perfected this recipe years ago. We get rave reviews on these crowd-pleasing cookies.
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well (bowl will be full.)
- Drop by level tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 20 dozen.
Originally published as Big-Batch Butterscotch Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p104
Reviews for Big-Batch Butterscotch Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 21, 2009
"Very good cookie, but it did not yeild 20 dozen."