We had these delicious hamburgers while visiting my aunt's house, for a family picnic. Every one enjoyed them so much we all had to have a copy of the recipe. - Kay Kendrick, Ruffin, North Carolina
- 1-1/2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 38 crackers)
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 2-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 5 pounds ground beef
- 20 hamburger buns, split
- In a several large bowls, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 20 patties. Broil, grill or pan-fry for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Serve on buns. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Big-Bath Burgers in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p113
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Big-Batch Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review