Big-Batch Beef Sauce Recipe
- 4 pounds ground beef
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 5 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained, optional
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook beef, onions, celery and garlic until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 to 1-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- 2. Transfer to freezer bags or containers, about 2 cups in each. May be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: about 15 cups total.
1 serving equals 437 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 1,271 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 43 g protein.
Reviews for Big-Batch Beef Sauce
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.