Big-Batch Baked Beans Recipe
"All in the family" is how Kathy Herron describes her tasty baked beans. "My mom got the recipe from my aunt, then shared it with me when she saw how much my husband enjoyed the dish. It's great to take to potlucks and picnics," jots Kathy from Jamestown, New York.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (55 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until beans reach desired thickness. Yield: 14 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 253 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 781 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Big-Batch Baked Beans
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC