Big-Batch Baked Beans Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (55 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until beans reach desired thickness. Yield: 14 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 253 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 781 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Big-Batch Baked Beans
"Excellent recipe, but I felt like it was missing something...maybe add a little Worcestershire sauce next time."
"I make this again and again; mainstay. It's my absolute favorite baked beans recipe for my family and parties."