Big & Buttery Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Shape 1/4 cupfuls of dough into balls. Flatten each to 3/4-in. thickness (2-1/2-in. diameter), smoothing edges as necessary. Place in an airtight container, separating layers with waxed or parchment paper; refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- To bake, place dough portions 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 400°.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown (centers will be light). Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Big & Buttery Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sort By :
"I have tried making chocolate chip cookies for years and they never came out so I was done. My daughter has been asking me to make cookies forever and I would always just make the cookies bars until I finally decided to try again and these were the BEST cookies I have ever made.....They were delicious I did not refrigerate overnight just put them in the fridge for a couple hours and I think the parchment paper also helped....Wonderful."
"Good, buttery recipe, but I left out the 1/3 cup white sugar because I thought 1 cup of brown sugar would be enough. It was! Don't overcook them!"
"This did not make a good cookie. I followed the recipe exactly. The cookies were very sweet and they are very dark on the bottom. For the second batch, I dropped the oven temp to 350. They didn't get as dark, but were still dark.If you are looking for a very sweet chocolate chip cookie that doesn't have the original Toll House cookie taste, you will like this recipe very much."
"Very easy and came out perfectly not sure what the 1 star is about this is the best recipe"
"very soft with plenty of nuts and chips, fab taste!"