Big & Buttery Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Shape 1/4 cupfuls of dough into balls. Flatten each to 3/4-in. thickness (2-1/2-in. diameter), smoothing edges as necessary. Place in an airtight container, separating layers with waxed or parchment paper; refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- To bake, place dough portions 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 400°.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown (centers will be light). Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Big & Buttery Chocolate Chip Cookies(41)
Sort By :
Great cookies, and easy to make!
These were good. I didn't let them sit... I was making them for an afterschool snack so I didn't have time to let them sit. They still turned out BIG round cookies. I added some ground flax to the dry ingredients. I did not add the nuts as the kids do not like them. I am eating one as I type. Very moist and chewy I left mine in for 11 min. Best testers will be home in 20 min to try them!!
So after making these a few days ago Hubby and kids just asked if I could make these again this afternoon!! We are having a storm day and I was going to try and bake something new but they all said they want these!
Absolutely our new favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe! I am always looking for the chewy thick cookie recipes and these are exactly that! The only thing important to note is that they overbake quickly. Pay attention and look at them a few minutes prior to when they are supposed to be done. I made the mistake of taking them out a minute or two late with one sheet of cookies and they hardened, but the rest turned out so good we then made 70 more cookies to share because everyone loves them!
These cookies really looks good can't wait to try
These were very good for us. I used 3 - 4 dark chocolate bars (with chili) instead of chips. I also used roasted pecans. Put the dough into the fridge for about 30 minute before baking for a fluffier cookie.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Nut Cookies >
- Nut Recipes >