Beyond-Compare Brussels Sprouts Recipe
This accompaniment combines the popular holiday flavors of corn, stuffing and Brussels sprouts in one satisfying dish. —Recipe Courtesy of Chef Kates, ALDI Test Kitchen
- Carlini Cooking Spray
- 8-1/2 ounces Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 cup Season's Choice Super Sweet Corn, thawed
- 8 slices Appleton Farms Premium Sliced Bacon
- 3 to 3-1/2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, to taste
- Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup Chef's Cupboard Chicken Culinary Stock (optional)*
- Preheat oven to 375°. Coat a square baking dish with cooking spray. Prepare cornbread batter according to package instructions. Stir thawed corn into batter. Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool.
- Cook bacon until crisp. Reserve the bacon drippings. Crumble bacon once cool.
- Place Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet and toss with bacon drippings, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Break cornbread into bite-sized pieces and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and crispy.
- Meanwhile, add onion to pan and cook over medium-high heat until caramelized.
- Just before serving, toss Brussels sprouts with 3/4 of the crumbled bacon, caramelized onions and cornbread crumbs. If desired, use chicken stock to moisten mixture. Pour into a serving bowl and garnish with remaining crumbled bacon. Yield: 8 Servings.
Originally published as Beyond-Compare Brussels Sprouts Provided by ALDI
Reviews for Beyond-Compare Brussels Sprouts(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review