I livened up my cheesy stuffed potatoes by giving each a silly hat and grin. These creepy spuds will be a hit at dinner.—Mary Shenk, Dekalb, Illinois
- 4 medium potatoes (about 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry and chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- Sliced ripe olives, drained
- Roasted sweet red peppers, drained and sliced
- Blue corn tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 400°. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Microwave, uncovered, on high until tender, 12-15 minutes, turning once.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in.-thick shells. Mash pulp with mayonnaise, adding next six ingredients.
- Spoon into potato shells. Place on a baking sheet; top with a piece of cheese. Bake until heated through, 12-15 minutes. Decorate, as desired, with olives and peppers; serve with blue corn tortilla chips. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spooky Stuffed Potatoes in Ultimate Halloween 2016
Reviews for Bewitching Stuffed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review