Bewitching Chili Recipe
Anne Mitchell of Lynchburg, Ohio lends a family favorite to our menu. Beef, tomatoes, garlic and cumin create her hearty homespun chili.
- 1-1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (32 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 can (16 ounces) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sour cream
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef, peppers, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato juice, beans, tomatoes, broth, tomato paste and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve in Cauldron Bread Bowls (recipe below) if desired. Garnish with sour cream. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 237 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 1,069 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Bewitching Chili
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC