- 1-1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (32 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 can (16 ounces) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sour cream
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef, peppers, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato juice, beans, tomatoes, broth, tomato paste and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve in Cauldron Bread Bowls (recipe below) if desired. Garnish with sour cream. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Bewitching Chili
Sort By :
This is a great recipe! I needed more chili so I browned cut up sausage links and added 3 strips of cooked bacon. I also added drained, and washed one can each of black beans and red beans. I also used for the tomato sauce V8 juice. The entire pot of chili was gone! I also made the bread bowls and that was great too! Will use this recipe a lot!
Loved this chili, it will now be my chili recipe. Only change would be to add one more can of beans.
I was surprised by how good this chili was..everyone liked it, including the kids. It's great substituted with ground turkey, too!