Bewitched Chili Recipe
One pot and thirty minutes—yes, please. Kids and grown-ups love this warm-you-up chili for Halloween. —Janice Westmoreland, Brooksville, Florida
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope chili seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 12 round blue tortilla chips, halved
- 12 triangular blue tortilla chips
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Add beans, tomatoes, water, chilies, seasoning mix and sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20 minutes to allow flavors to blend, stirring frequently.
- 2. Top each serving with two halved round tortilla chips and one triangular tortilla chip inserted vertically into the chili between the round halves to resemble a witch's hat. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup equals 230 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 744 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC