Bewitched Chili Recipe
One pot and thirty minutes—yes, please. Kids and grown-ups love this warm-you-up chili for Halloween. —Janice Westmoreland, Brooksville, Florida
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope chili seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 12 round blue tortilla chips, halved
- 12 triangular blue tortilla chips
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Add beans, tomatoes, water, chilies, seasoning mix and sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20 minutes to allow flavors to blend, stirring frequently.
Top each serving with two halved round tortilla chips and one triangular tortilla chip inserted vertically into the chili between the round halves to resemble a witch's hat.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled chili in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup: 230 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 744mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 9g protein .
Reviews for Bewitched Chili
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC