Betty's Barbecue Recipe
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 2 cups water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped celery with leaves
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 10 to 14 sandwich buns, split
- 1. Place beef and pork in a Dutch oven. Combine the water, soup mix and garlic; pour over meat. Cover and bake at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is very tender.
- 2. Remove meat; cool. Cut into small cubes. Skim fat from drippings. Saute celery in the drippings until tender. Add the barbecue sauce, ketchup and brown sugar; bring to a boil. Stir in cubed meat; heat through. Serve on buns. Yield: 10-14 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 335 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 644 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Reviews for Betty's Barbecue
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.